Get Started with EdrawMax
Formatting and Styling
Symbol and Library
How to Make a Flowchart
How to make an Org Chart
How to make a Gantt Chart
How to Make a Mind Map
The Insert Chart feature in EdrawMax provides the capability to generate and customize charts within their diagrams. It enables importing data from various platforms and simplifies keeping charts up-to-date. Here’s how to use the Insert Chart feature in EdrawMax:
Step 1: Go to the Insert tab and click Chart.
Step 2: In the pop-up window, select the desired type of chart in Edraw Charts or Apache Echarts. After selecting, click OK.
Different types of pre-defined charts in EdrawMax:
- Column Chart
- Bar Chart
- Line Chart
- Area Chart
- Scatter Chart
- Radar Chart
- Pie/Doughnut Chart
- Gauges Chart
- Funnel Chart
Step 3: To customize a chart, select the chart and the floating toolbar will appear.
On the floating toolbar, the common options are:
- Click Chart Analysis to analyze the data presented in the chart.
- Click Type to select and change the chart type.
- Click Edit Data to edit the data within the chart.
- Click Style to customize the appearance of the chart including the colors and fonts to match their designs.
- Click Legend to add a key to the chart. It improves the explanation of the data series or categories represented in the chart.
- Click Data Tag to add data labels or tags to specific data points within the chart.
- Click X Axis and Y Axis to customize and label the horizontal (X) and vertical (Y) of the chart. It can also define the axis titles and scales.
- Click Data Format to format the data displayed in the chart like number formats, units, or decimal places.
On the Data pane, you can:
- Import Data: click Import to your required data file (.xlsx or .csv) into the built-in worksheet.
- Export Data: click Export to export the table into various file formats (.xlsx or .csv).
Aside from importing, you can also input chart data by double-clicking the cells in the Data pane's worksheet and typing text or numbers into them.